REPORT OF THE JIGAWA STATE INTER-SECONDARY SCHOOLS ICT QUIZ, 1ST DECEMBER, 2012.
Jigawa state is one of the states benefiting from CITAD annual ICT quiz. This year`s quiz marked the 5th round in Jigawa after its inception in 2003.
OBJECTIVES OF THE QUIZ
Like in other states where similar event takes place annually, the major objectives include but not limited to following:
- To raise ICT awareness among secondary school students,
- To enlighten secondary school students on career prospects in ICT profession,
- To encourage the use of ICT in the secondary schools curriculum, so that our schools will go with the world stand of modern teaching and learning, etc
13 secondary schools participated in this year`s Jigawa State Inter-Secondary Schools ICT quiz that took place on 1st December, 2012 at Jigawa State Library Hall, Dutse. The schools include:
- Government College Birnin Kudu
- Government Secondary School, Malamadori
- Government Girls Unity, Gwaram
- Dutse Model Internationl School
- Government Day Secondary School, Kiyawa
- Government Day Secondary School, Wunti
- Government Girls Secondary School, Garki
- Government Day Secondary School, Auyo
- Government Day Secondary School, Gadadin
- Government Secondary School, Hadejia
- Government Secondary School, Basirka
- Science Secondary Sechool, Lautai
- Government Day Secondary School, Babura.
The quiz also was witnessed by some important personalities including CITAD Executive Director represented by Malam Ahmed Yakasai CITAD Training Coordinator, Hon. Adamu Shu`aibu, member representing Dutse constituency in Jigawa state House of Assembly, Director Science and Technology at the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, the representative of the Sole Administrator Jigawa state Broadcasting Corporation (JBC), Ahmed Abdullahi Gagarawa, Alh. Muhd Usman from ANCOPPS, Alh. Mustapha Kore from Knowledge and Community Management Initiative (KCOMAI), CITAD officials, Teachers from the participating schools, media men, etc
The quiz started with an opening prayer from one of the participants, then followed by opening remarks by the representative of CITAD Executive Director, Malam Ahmed Yakasai where he mentioned the importance of ITC education as one of the reasons the Centre organizes ICT quiz annually. Eng. Kamal of CITAD who served as the quiz master informed the participants of the rules and regulations governing the quiz.
After an exciting and hot contest among the participating schools, 3 schools emerged victorious and they include: First position, Government Secondary School, Hadejia (won a brand new Desktop Computer), second position, Government Girls Unity, Gwaram (won a brand new printer) and third position, Government Day Secondary School, Kiyawa (won a brand new scanner). Aside of the prizes given to the wining schools, their teachers did not go back empty handed as Brand new Television, Brand new DVD player and Brand new Wall clock were given to teachers from First, Second and Third Wining schools respectively. The six students that represented the 3 wining schools were given 5 yards of Shadda material each. In his closing remarks, Director Science and Technology at the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology thanked CITAD for their efforts towards developing computer education in the state.