The Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) is running the third batch of the Digital Livelihood Project for Young Women in Kano.
The aim of the project is to build the capacity of female digital entrepreneurs through training and business development clinics. Successful participants can also access internship opportunities through CITAD.
The training consists of five components as follows:
- Digital Skills Training: This will be a 40 hour training (to be given in 10 days)to equip participants to become computer literate so that they can use their skills to enhance their life include use it to advance their education career, develop a vocational trade or profession and lead to setting up of small scale business
- Digital Entrepreneurship: This will be a 10-day non-residential training on certain digital trade skills that they can use to set up small scale business. The proposed line skills under here include:
- Mobile apps development
- Publishing Skills
- Website design and deployment
- Film and video editing
- Computer and mobile device repairs and maintenance
- Infographics and data mining
- Business Skill Training: This is to introduce them on how to set up small scale business include meeting registration requirements, sales and marketing, basic business accounting, etc: it will last for 4 day.
- Business Support Clinics/Mentoring: this is linkage forum bringing business development support organizations such as SMEDAN, CBN, Bank of Industry (BOI), etc to address the beneficiaries and provide them with processes and procedure of how they could access these support initiatives.
- E-Mentoring: At the end of the programme, participants will be paired with accomplished and successful entrepreneurs and business managers to support them using online mentoring as they set about establishing their own small scale businesses.
NOTE: Participants are responsible for their transportation. However, CITAD will support successful participants through business registration and other business set up support.
Interested women who meet the following requirements are invited to apply:
- Must have completed secondary school education
- Must be resident in Kano
- Must be of the age bracket 18-30 years old
- Must be prepared to attend training sessions daily for a week.
Applicants are required to submit an enterprise idea or plan that they will want to set up at the end of the training.
Application forms will be available online from June 19 2018 at www.citad.org. Forms should be filled and submitted online.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for screening during which they will be required to present the following supporting documents:
- WAEC/NECO/ NABTEB Certificate or statement of result
- Birth certificate or age declaration
- A one page business pitch (idea or plan)