In its efforts to promote ICT development, the Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) has instituted an annual apps development competition for students of tertiary institutions initially from the following states.
Prospective participants will be required to submit entries on of original developed apps that address any of the following:
- Facilitating budget and projects monitoring by citizens
- Classroom attendance in primary and secondary schools
- Automation of tracking of hate speech in the social media
. Only students who have completed and submitted their application forms within the deadline will be eligible to compete.
Prizes are as follow:
- First place: one year one-full scholarship to the tune of N150,000
- Second place: half year scholarship to the tune of N100,000
- Third place: payment of Registration fees to the tune of N50,000
- Four consolation prizes of N25,000 each
In addition the first 8 winners will have their apps promoted with a view to commercializing them
Prospective applicant should visit www.citad.org and download the application. The completed form should be co-signed by the Head of Department where the student is registered. Completed application form should be submitted not later than 29th February, 2016. The completed form should be uploaded at the website not later than 30th March, 2016. Winners of the competition will be unveiled in June at a venue to be announced later.
Prospective participants are advised to download the Rule for the Completion from the website.