About CITAD Creativity Lab
An innovative youth development programme whose goal is to provide a multi-purpose youth development platform for incubation, mentoring and client-customer relation nurturing that will help to overcome the problems of traditional youth empowerment programmes.
Entrepreneurs work space: Here youth who are unemployed but have ideas on some technological innovation or creativity that they are working on can have access to work space, connectivity, IT facilities and power for them to work and create technology solutions. Access to the space would be on the basis of application and selection process that will be based on the submission for work place by the applicants. Technology Incubatorship: is similar to the work space however in this case, participants have already conceptualized their business plans and set up their enterprises. The goal here is to enable innovators and creators to drive their products to the market through a series of business facilitation process. The incubatorship will provide a wide range of business development services that encompasses a large spectrum of activities all aimed at developing new business organizations. These include:
- Information provision: This should assist prospective business owners to know the requirements for their identified business, vital information regarding the business sector, where and how to get the market, etc
- Sensitization: This could be series of meetings to let prospective business entrepreneurs to know the business opportunities in a given sector, and how they could seize the opportunities to set up their own businesses.
- Business incubator programmes: This is to provide opportunity for new business ideas to be driven successfully to the market place.
- Business mentoring: This is an extension of a business incubatorship in the sense that new business people (not necessarily young business people) would be matched with established business entrepreneurs in their common line to assist them to acquire practical experience in running businesses.
- Business linkages: this is to establish networks between the young businesses and well established similar businesses in other places. It would also focus on market linkages
- Business establishment facilitation services: this is aimed to support entrepreneurs to meet all the necessary requirement for registration of their businesses
- The Green Space: This is dedicated to nurturing of creativity and innovations. Participation will be limited (initially) to 30 innovators per session. A session shall last one year. Selection of participants will be on the basis of the processes set in the Selection Process in this document. As residency programme, the objective is that each participant should at the end of the residency come up with fully tested technology solution or innovation that can be marketed.
- The Blue Space: successful graduates of the Green Space may decide to take up space in the Blue Space. The Blue Space is dedicated to providing shared facilities on token residency fee for entrepreneurs and technology development organizations that do not have to invest in office infrastructure and facilities. The purpose is to create a cluster of innovators and technology developers, supporting each other in close synergy.
- The Public Space: this space is for the general public to engage with technology and ideas that can transform society. It brings the residents of both the Blue and Green spaces into mutual dialogue with the wider society constantly.
- Have a minimum of HND/First degree in any area but with emphasis on technology related areas or applications
- Must not be more than 2 years post NYSC
- Must demonstrate exceptional interest in technology and innovation
- Must submit a concept note of one compelling technology idea or solution that he or she intends to work during the residency period
Kamaluddeen Umar 08036509534 Abdulazeez Y.Z 08068364971, 08033306913
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]